Primetech launches Fire Cam OnCall heat resistant helmet and body-worn 4K cameras
Primetech has launched the range of Fire Cam OnCall heat resistant 4K hi-resolution cameras in the UK. The cameras were chosen because they have been specifically designed by firefighters for use within fire and rescue services. The cameras can withstand very high temperatures and provide high resolution 4K, live-streamed secure video imagery and high quality audio. This can be viewed through Primetech’s MultiNet Comms system as well as on a unique smartphone app with secure access.
Primetech is the sole UK distributor for the Fire Cam OnCall range of body and helmet-worn 4K video cameras. The cameras have the capability to help Firefighters, Incident and Sector commanders improve the safety of fire personnel as well as contributing to the more effective management of fires and other incidents, delivering live updates of incident conditions throughout all relevant command structures, as well as recording footage for post-incident analysis.
The cameras are so high spec that HD versions were chosen by an award-winning production company which had a requirement to record broadcast quality footage (onto SD cards) for a live action documentary series that will be shown in the New Year on UKTV’s Really Channel. The documentary follows firefighters undertaking their various professional roles in West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service. More information can be found on https://www.wmfs.net/really-lands-first-ever-uk-fire-documentary-series/
Through Primetech’s MultiNet Comms, Wi-Fi start-up is instantaneous, which enables the live stream to integrate into the MultiNet Comms network with ease. The quality of the video stream is outstanding, with the body-worn version offering infrared recording as standard.
The Fire Cam OnCall helmet and body-worn video camera system has a number of stand-out features:
- The cameras were designed by firefighters for firefighters;
- They are robust, having been designed to cope with very high temperatures;
- The cameras provide high quality 4K live streamed imagery, without pixellation or image breakup, plus infra-red imagery;
- High quality live video and audio can be streamed across incident grounds to Command Support units and other Command Centres through Primetech's unique MultiNet Comms communications system using COFDM MESH Wifi;
- Imagery can also be viewed using a custom developed App that allows the image to be accessed securely on smartphones;
- The images can be viewed by Sector and Incident Commanders and Support Teams to improve safety, situational awareness and to create a Common Operational Picture, within Fire and Rescue Services and across multi-agencies;
- These images can be captured for video and audio, to enable them to be viewed later for a multitude of purposes, including training, incident ground procedures and for coroners’ and other legal enquiries.
In Primetech’s view, Fire Cam OnCall body and helmet-worn cameras give Fire and Rescue Services and other Emergency Services a clear operational advantage, and we are delighted to be able to offer them to services across the UK. We firmly believe that these cameras can make a significant contribution to firefighter, emergency service personnel and public safety.